Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunday School & Church

My Sunday school class had a substitute teacher this Sunday. I really enjoyed it. He taught on Psalm 86. The whole psalm is one of David's prayers. Much of it is given completely to praise. One of the verses that caught my attention was 11, "Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name." We need to have an undivided heart before God.
Another verse was 15, "But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth." God is full of compassion! Sometimes it seems like God doesn't really care what happens, but He knows even how many hairs are on your head! He knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, are not we of more value than a sparrow? To God, the answer is definitely yes. (Matt 10:29-31 / Luke 12:6-7)

After class I got to talk to two girls from my class. I told them about everything going on with the baby,and my struggles without friends nearby, and they prayed with me. I really needed that, I'm so glad God led me to talk to them.

This was the third week that the pastor was speaking on Sabbath keeping. He said a lot of stuff about it, but in the end he said that everyone should keep to their own convictions about it, and not judge other people when their convictions differ. (Col 2:16-17)

2 comments:

  1. Good observations, Emily. Yes, an undivided heart before God - fully surrendered and very humble! I love you and am always here to listen to you when you're struggling. :-) Well, almost always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insights! I really love the passage about even knowing all the hairs on your head, it's such a beautiful picture of love.
    You are precious in His sight.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete