Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Birthday and Trust

Had a good, day today. It was Isaiah's 11th birthday.. yeah!!! So we had a little party, complete with dough-cakes*, noisemakers, and presents. :)
The presents... well, there were quite a few, but I remember some toys, cars and stuff from the boys, Lyss gave him a coin**, and I gave him a blanket with a cross and bible verse on it, and a pocket knife with a wolf painted on it.
We wrapped up the party with watching The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, VeggieTales.
I think he had a good time.... I know Eli and I had fun planning it. :D
That's all the birthday stuff... now for the bible bee....

We took a partial break from studying, since it was a birthday, but still worked on some verses.
Our group has another meeting coming up this Tuesday. Everything isn't ready yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

A verse for today...
Psalm 118:18
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Trust in the LORD!

1 comment:

  1. * Dough-cakes - pancakes made using a doughnut recipe.
    ** Coin - a collectors coin that Dad gave to me several years ago, I more recently passed on the Lyss, and it now has moved on to Isaiah. :)

    ReplyDelete